Saturday, October 30, 2010

Checking Off Items on the Check List

Well I've been able to check off a few things on my check list so that I'm ready to leave for the International Quilt Festival in Houston on Tuesday. Friday I ran to Kinko's and ordered postcards of the quilt I have in the In Full Bloom exhibit. Nothing like deciding to do things at the last minute!



One of the very important things I accomplished today is embroidering Hudson's name on my denim shirt. When I embroidered all the girls names, Hudson wasn't born yet and his name wasn't a "for-sure" thing. Now that he is almost 2, it's way past time to have his name on my shirt. So here they are, all 5 of my precious little bugs, well blue jays in this situation. Nickola leading the pack, Betty going along her merry way, the twins, Sadie and Shelby, the same, but different and here comes my Huddy Buddy, charging after the girls and making sure they stay in step. Oh what a precious bunch they are with their own personalities! Don't know what I would do with out them! Can you tell I'm a proud Grammy???!!

All my supplies are packed for Houston, laundry is done, but I haven't packed my clothes. I've set up times to meet my quiting buddies for lunches and dinners. Book on CD has been picked out from the library, now let's hope my CD player will work. It's on the fritz and the dealership has ordered a new radio, but sometimes it works!
Okay, off I go. Time to go cheer for the Texas Rangers, hopefully they can pull out of the two losses they've had and come back and win the World Series! Oh, and we have to join three of the grand kids for the "Monster Mile" in our development tonight!
Happy Stitching everyone!

No comments: