Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Snow Dyed - Hand Dyed Cotton Fabric

Well, I promised finished pictures of my snow dyed fabric and here it is! I'm thrilled with the results and now I wish I had done more!
This first picture is of two 1/2 yard pieces of 100% cotton, previously soaked in Soda Ash water, on an old window screen with snow piled on top.

Second picture: with dyes squirted on top - colors: Fuchsia, Purple, Yellow and Chartreuse.

Pictures 3 & 4: one of the 1/2 yard pieces complete, after washing and ironing. I love the way the snow moved the colors, they look like they just explode into each other.


Pictures 5 & 6: second 1/2 yard of fabric with results just as beautiful as the first!

Even though I love the warm Texas weather, now I'm going to look forward to our rare snow days and maybe even attempt this process with my snow cone machine!
These two pieces, plus the hand dyes I previously posted about have been added to my ArtFire Studio - StudioJules, along with the Old Alton Bridge art quilt.
Enjoy! Spring is here, the windows are open and cardinals are singing!

No comments: