Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunflower with a Passion for Color

I finished!!!! I finally finished beading "Sunflower with a Passion for Color" yesterday morning, just in time to visit the quilt appraiser. I'm really pleased with the way this quilt evolved. All hand painted fabrics, hand dyed fiber for the center and hand beaded...and beaded...and beaded.....
Today I filled out the form to enter this quilt and Mexican Sunflower in Batik in the IQA "In Full Bloom" exhibit. Now it is time to keep our flower petals crossed!
Next on the list is a quilt I am creating for a charity that supports Downs Syndrome kids. I'll tell you more about it when I get further on it, but it is designed and sketched out. This afternoon I'm going to set some fabrics to dye and discharge some fabrics that I bought several years ago and haven't done anything with. We'll see what happens, so stay tuned!

No comments: