Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ideas for the Day

Well, I enjoyed my journey through my Georgia O'Keeffe book yesterday. I concentrated on the simplicity, definition and movement with her work. Some were very simple lines, others had a story to tell. What struck me and is sticking with me is "less can be more". Sometimes I get into a quilt process and think "Oh, I need to add more beads, or more paint, or more thread", when sometimes, I just need to leave it alone and let it stand on its own.
Today I'm going to finish beading my "Sunflower with a Passion for Color" quilt. I have a few quilts in my wall that I need to start on, maybe I use my "less is more" thought process on those. Who knows!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog you have here... and we're neighbors, I'm also a Texan. :D