Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge - January - Highly Prized

It’s cold this morning! Okay, I know it’s not as cold in Texas as it is north of us, but my fingers are so cold that I’m having trouble using my new Droid X because my finger temp isn’t registering… I know, life could be worse.

As I promised yesterday, I have pictures of the sketches I have made so far this month for the Sketchbook Challenge. I joined this challenge because I have a terrible time sketching and just haven’t been able to get comfortable with pencil and paper, I’ve always been more of a “tracer”. So, this month the challenge is “Highly Prized”.

Hmmmm, the first thing that came to my mind is that the most highly prized things in my life are faith, hope and love. Without faith in God and our relationship, life would be so hard to deal with at times. Hope in the promise of salvation through Jesus Christ, and the love that He shares with me and I am able to pass on to others.


As I was working on the sketch above, I thought of the gifts and talents that God has given me and realized that the art I enjoy creating the most is abstract, off the beaten path, realism with a twist, so…… I sketched out the next drawing while I was playing with my new phone and downloading music. Honestly, downloading the program to download the music to my phone was very frustrating, so I needed a positive outlet. Here is what I came up with, structured abstract, colorful, free and didn’t require any computer downloads. I can already see this as an art quilt with each section being quilted differently. For this one I believe my “Highly Prized” statement would be the “freedom to create whatever my art heart desires”.



Have a great day ya’ll and stay warm!
Watch for my next post…..snow dyed fabric!

No comments: