Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ahhhh, Back in the Studio...

It’s hard getting ready for vacation and it’s hard getting back in the Studio when you get back… I’m finally getting back into the Studio and getting caught up. It feels good to be back in my Studio, surrounded by my fabric and paint….
First, let me tell you what I did BEFORE we left for the coast. I’m a one of those obsessive, compulsive people that likes to have a new purse before I leave on vacation and I usually make it. Rushing around, stressing out and making it worse by adding in a “personal deadline”. One day I was in the mood to paint duck cloth and be very abstract about it. This is what I came up with.






I used a pattern that I had borrowed from my friend, Lu Peters, and this is what it turned into!



I lined it with fabric I had bought from Frieda Anderson and used my own fabric for the binding and handles. Great Spring and Summer purse and all my junk fits in it perfectly!
Last night the Dallas Area Fiber Artists held their Annual Pot Luck and Artwork Exchange. Darn if artists are good cooks too! I was fortunate enough to receive this wonderful piece by Connie Akers.




I love Connie and she and I are “carpool buddies” to the meetings, so it was funny that the artwork I road to the meeting with, also road home with me. This happened to 3 other people last night too! Guess it shows that DAFA members are good artwork and carpool buddies!
Today I am back to work on my current quilt and planning out workshops to teach and catching up on computer work. And it’s time to get off the computer and pay attention to the design board!
Happy Creating Everyone!

No comments: