Thursday, September 16, 2010

I haven't gotten very far.....



Well, I haven't gotten as far as I would like on my truck quilt. I've suffered for three days with a sinus migraine and I just don't create very well with the pressure and pain. To cure the ache in my head I had a mani/pedi yesterday and a massage today. My body is sore, but I think after I have some lunch and my power drink, I should be good to go this afternoon.

I love, love, love the fabrics I'm using for this truck. The interior fabric is hand dyed silk I bought from Frieda Anderson. The tactile change in fabric is giving it a nice texture. I’m enjoying combining different fabrics and right now my studio is starting to look like there was a fabric explosion. There is tulle, organza, organdy, and cotton fabrics strewn about, along with sequin and other ornamental fabrics. Who knows what I’ll finally end up using on this quilt.

My daughter-in-law has already said that this quilt is hers when I'm done! We'll see about that, I may have to make two, one for her, one to show/sell. Maybe I'll make the one for her in fabrics that will go in Hudson's room, so he can grow up with the truck. Yesterday when I was talking to her on the phone he was playing with a train and choo chooing in the phone. So cute!

I'm listening to Lori Copeland's book "A Case of Crooked Letters". Blogging is making me feel better and ready to get back to work!

No comments: