Saturday, May 30, 2009

Journals in the Making

My afternoon time ran short today, so I decided to use come of the scrap batiks I have. I hate to throw away scraps and have a huge bin full of them. Some of the scraps already have Misty Fuse or WonderUnder on the back of the fabric, so it's ready to use! I hadn't used my stamps and Paintstiks in a while, so I thought I would paint some flowers on the front and then just doodle on the inside a back of the journal.


To protect the flowers I used Misty Fuse and adhered a blue piece of chiffon to the top. On the insides and back I used my Fabrico markers and a Bic Whiteout pen to doodle.

I found these great little recycled paper journals at Target. For Mother's Day I adhered some of my hand painted fabric to the front and back and then taped pictures of the grand kids to the pages for my mom, sister and DIL. They loved them and loved that I used my fabric!
Next I'm going to cover my sketch book. I'm going to try some different techniques for this tho. Hey, have a great weekend and I'll be back at you soon!

No comments: