Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rushing Vineyards


This is an art quilt I did at the International Quilt Show 2008. Esterita Austin's classes "Sheers to You!". I painted most of the image on Misty Fuse, and used hand dyed cotton organdy for the wine bottle and background. I machine embroidered the wine bottle label and used decorative stitching to attached accent the label. I also used free motion thread painting for the flow of the wine into the glass and accented a bit with stamping swirls in the wine. When I quilted it I just did enough to enhance the flow of the fabric.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have to see this to appreciate the detail. It has great dimension to it that is impossible to see in just the picture.
Great job.
CC

Jules Rushing said...

Thanks CC! Click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can see the detail.