Thursday, February 12, 2009

Old Alton Bridge Quilt


The Old Alton Bridge is a historic bridge in Denton County, Texas. I selected it as my subject for a workshop I attended in March of 2008 with Quilting Adventures in New Braunfels, Texas. Esterita Austin was my instructor, teaching our group how to make our patterns from photographs. In the workshop we learned how to use our fabrics and paint to create depth and dimension. The fabric I used I had hand painted before I attended the workshop. The funny part is that I took loads of fabric to the workshop, not knowing what I was going to do, what I would need, well, you know how it is when you are a fabric junkie…I ended up using three yards of my hand painted fabric. Esterita uses this story and the before and after pictures of the bridge in her lecture series. If you get a chance to attend one of her lectures or attend one of her workshops, do! She is awesome!

No comments: