Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Finished and Ready to Go!

I finished my two art quilts for the Dallas Area Fiber Artists collection for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Here they are!


The one to the right is named "Who's Path Did I Cross?". My inspiration statement on this one is this: I sketched this from a picture I took in Charleston, SC. It makes me think about all the people that have walked across this building entryway and the people they have influenced, people they knew and people they didn't know. I think about the people that can't remember due to Alzheimer's. Nonetheless, they played a significant role in the lives of others, directly and indirectly.


The flag quilt below is named "Path of our Forefathers". Here is the inspiration statement for it: The idea of this flag came to me from the flag hanging in the entry way of the Smithsonian. Thinking about the image of this restored flag, it reminds me of our forefathers and the thought process they went through to carve out the path of our country. Reading the writings of Thomas Jefferson, I know it was a hard process, done with a great deal of prayer and obedience to God. I’m thankful for the process in building our beautiful country and wish we could get our current leaders back to working together instead of tearing us apart.


Okay, today is my day to get to spend the afternoon creating a new quilt.
Have a great and creative day!

1 comment:

Katina said...

Very, very nice. Can't wait to see them in person.