Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time to Get Busy!

Didn't I say I was going to post more regularly this year? Where has the time gone? My excuses? Family in from out of town, playing with the grandkids and catching a cold. This past week I tried to play catch-up, but my cold was getting the best of me. I tried to do some quilting one day, but when I caught my thumb with the machine needle, I gave up and turned off the machine. Yes, I'm current on my tetanus shot.
Today I'm in the studio and ready to quilt two 9 x 12 art quilts that I created last week. Misty Fuse and the iron I could handle without hurting myself.
These are the two 9 x 12's I am going to quilt, thread paint and bead today. They are two of my donations for DAFA's Special Exhibit in their Annual Show for the Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI).


Building Entry
Left: "Building Entry" is from a picture I took when we were in Charleston. It is the entry way to one of the buildings we passed by when we were on a walking tour. I used Tsukineko Fabrico markers on duck canvas.

The Flag
Right: "The Flag" is an image I have had in my head for years. We toured the Smithsonian years ago when we were in Washington, DC on vacation and this is of the flag hanging in the entry. I have beads for the stars. The background is hand dyed batting ~ a new technique I think I really like.

Okay, time to get busy, because I also have fabric to dye this afternoon!

No comments: