Friday, February 18, 2011

In the Meantime.....

Well, I ran out of thread while quilting the truck quilt.... I've quilted and picked out so much I've burned through an entire spool of thread. I've ordered more and am waiting on it's arrival. So, in the meantime I'm working on the patterns for my next 4 quilts. I was inspired by the watercolors I did during my workshop with Katie PM at the International Quilt Festival in Houston last year. I'm taking three of the selections I made from one of the watercolor exercises and I'm going to make a triptych out of them. I've drawn them out on clear velum, copied them and then had them enlarged to roughly 18" x 24".






I would show you pictures of the patterns I have drawn out, but my camera is on the fritz and I need to take it to the camera doctor.
Here is another one I'm working on. It was painted with acrylics during the same workshop. It looks like a flag to me.



Okay, blog time over, time to get back to my patterns!

1 comment:

Diane Perin said...

Wow! Love the swirly painted pieces -- very ambitious to do those in fabric. They'll be stunning! I look forward to seeing your progress on them!