Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Next Project

This is my year to catch up on my UFQP's (Unfinished Quilt Projects). Today I straightened my studio, after the girls and I watered the plants outside, and decided what project I am going to finish next (see I’m being confident, I will finish!). I want to complete a project that will be easy to handle if one of the little ones interrupts me and can be put away easily when little fingers are getting too curious in the studio. I really want to paint on my Sunflower Shawl, but that is a bit messy with little ones around and will have to wait for a day when their Daddy is home and Mommy has recuperated more from having baby Hudson. Hopefully Friday will be that day! Anyway, tomorrow, Thursday, seems to be a good day to start stitching the blanket stitch on "The Great Pumpkin Quilt".
This is a pieced and appliquéd quilt designed by Jeanne Davis/Briar Rose Designs. I love this quilt and love a lot of the quilts that are designed by Briar Rose Designs. I have several of their patterns. The Bernina of Dallas store used this pattern as a block of the month last year. I didn’t want to use the fabric out of the kits, so I bought the pattern and have used batiks for the pumpkins and vines. The colors are so rich and beautiful, and I don’t want the thread work to take away from the fabrics, so I am going to use a light-weight thread. I found a King Tut variegated that is going to be perfect for the pumpkins and then I have a Sulky green variegated for the vines and leaves. I may use some other variegated threads for the other parts of the top stitching, otherwise I will use Isacord. I can’t wait to finish the quilt and hang it where everyone will see it when they walk in the house.

No comments: