Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Finding Balance

Lately I have been struggling with finding balance between “Life” and “Studio”. Do you ever have that problem? I have decided to take each day as it comes and be at peace with it, and maybe, just maybe, I will be able to spend a few hours each week in the studio.

Our new little dog, Oreo, is a joy and has become a great encourager for me to go to the Studio. Everyday he runs to the studio and tells me it is time to work. Unfortunately, most days I have to tell him it isn’t time yet. He just loves to sleep at my feet while I am quilting.


He is such a love and tries to help me work on the computer too.









The latest pieces of work to come out of the studio are this versatile piece, “Fall 2016”. The colors remind me of a Fall morning with the changing colors and the left over colors of summer. It can be hung on the wall or lay it on a table as an accent piece. It measures 8”x17.5” and is available in my Etsy shop.

The big project I am working on is a modern quilt. It isn’t a large quilt, but one that can hang on the wall or accent a table. I used the Rising Star pattern for the blue stars and love the way the triangles are quilting.


I’m off to work in the studio and get more quilting done. Enjoy your day and make it a creative one!

No comments: