Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Current Showings and Fusing

I've got to get busy!!! I have deadlines coming up and I really need to start and finish some art quilts!
Today I'm going to spend the day fusing fabric for my next series of quilts. It is a triptych series from water color paintings I made last year. With deadlines coming upon me, I have got to get busy! Fabric is dyed and the fusing has begun.
Yesterday was a good day, I got word that my new piece "Confused" was accepted into next months show at Oxide Gallery in Denton. I submitted two new 12x12 pieces to the Irving Art Center Gift Shop on consignment. June through September the Irving Art Center is having the Genghis Khan Exhibit and asked the Dallas Area Fiber Artists to contribute consignment pieces to their gift shop. I submitted these two art quilts that I started in a workshop last month with Deborah Boschert. Here are their pictures.


Shadow Circles



Sea Visions


Last night Kathy Mayhew and I taught a mini-workshop and gave a presentation of the SAQA-Texas members 9x12 Mini-Quilts that were on display last year at the International Quilt Festival. The mini-workshop was great and the creativeness of our group never ceases to amaze me. The 9x12's had a great response and the members really enjoyed being able to see the wide variety of quilting and surface techniques. Kathy is one of our Texas Regional Reps for SAQA and did a great job informing the DAFA members on the benefits of SAQA, what can be utilized by members and non-members on the SAQA website and the information, education and growth that SAQA encourages for all artists.
Till next time....happy creating everyone!

No comments: