Friday, September 2, 2011

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted! I've been busy, we went on vacation to California for a week to see our daughter and her family. Played on the beach with our precious granddaughters and played at other parks and amusement sites. While we were on the beach we collected sea shells, sand dollars and rocks that the waves brought in. I was collecting the sand dollars for art quilts and put them in my husbands pocket...when he took his swim suit off, he rolled it up to squeeze out the water...and crushed the sand dollars and sea shells. There are some large enough pieces left that I think I might be able to do some things with them and I'm sure it will involve painted cheesecloth.

While we were in CA we had family pictures taken by our friend Paul Kawabori. Paul and his wife, Amy, are wonderful friends of our daughter and Paul is the most fabulous photographer. Paul shot new head shots for me and they are just wonderful! The family pictures are great. The girls were in more of a playful mood and weren't always wanting to cooperate, but hey, their 2!

The day after we got back from CA I started a new part-time job at Soma Intimates. So far this week it has kept me busy and I'm learning my time schedules and trying to balance this position with studio time. I'm sure it is going to take me a few weeks to balance my time out and I'm anxious to get into the studio. I have a few quilts in my head and I need to play with fabric!

Have a Creative Day and enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hi Jules,

You were one of the blogs that I picked for a "Favorite" Award. Head on over and check it out to play along. It's just a way to gather Followers and support other blogs.

Blessings!