Saturday, April 16, 2011

Confused - In the Works

I'm working on a new project - very mixed media. You see, I have this canvas, it's 40" x 24". I've been trying to think of what to do with it. Well, the Oxide Gallery, Denton, TX, is having a call for entries, due on Friday/Saturday, that is a mono-chromatic theme. I chose Red. Since Red has so many moods and emotions that go along with it, and this project is going to be a broad range of mixed media, I thought the name "Confused" fit the media.

This project has been keeping my mind busy and everyday I have a new "Aha moment". Yesterday I was able to get started and right now I'm waiting for the paint to dry.
Here is what I've accomplished in my layering so far...


Silk with surface layers, painted cheesecloth and sequin waste.


Yes, a leg torn from a pair of jeans, painted, surface layers and the start of a few more small canvases.



Watercolor and acrylic on hand written paper. It is going to be mounted either in whole or in part on the canvas.



Closer view of some of the surface layers on the jeans.


Small canvas covered with surface layered silk and painted cheesecloth.


So far I've only dropped the paint brush on the carpet once, but the day isn't over yet. One of these years I'm going to get new flooring.

Have a great day!

No comments: