Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall Leaves ~ 2010 ~ Complete



I finished "Fall Leaves ~ 2010" today, just in time to submit it for the Dallas Area Fiber Artists show at Oxide Gallery.... I really like this piece. The colors are so warm, cool and refreshing. I spent all day yesterday and this morning stitching the detail to the leaves and when it was all said and done....this is how much thread I had left! After knotting the threads and hiding the tails on all the leaves, by fingers are sore and ready for a manicure!


When you look at the detail of the art quilt, you can see the knot in the tree and that the quilting has blue leaves...these are suppose to be like shadows and/or reflections of the tree leaves.



That's all for now! I've got to finish up the other piece I'm working on.
Have a great day everyone and Happy Stitching!

No comments: