Yesterday I Misty fused my fabric for the truck quilt.
I’ve pulled additional fabrics out to include also, but won’t decide on those until I get further in the project today.
I also traced out the pattern onto freezer paper and placed the original underneath my appliqué press sheet.
Last year I special ordered this press sheet from Bear Thread Designs. They have stock sizes on their website and in their booths at the quilt shows, but I wanted a custom size. Mine measures 42”x36”. Since most of my quilts are approximately 30”x30”, I wanted one that would accommodate my quilts appropriately.
Today I’ll start “auditioning” the different fabrics for the various pieces of the truck. Here is the background fabric. I dyed it earlier this year.
It’s one of those pieces that was squirt the dye and see what happens. I love the colors and the abstract results.