Monday, September 13, 2010

Exciting News!


This morning I received an email with exciting news! My Old Alton Bridge quilt was selected for a book to be published next year "Lone Stars III: Texas Quilts Today, 1986-2011". This book is the third in a series by Kary Bensenhan and Nancy O'Bryant Puentes. The book is being published by the University of Texas Press and will be released Fall of 2011 to coincide with the opening of the Texas Quilt Museum. To be included with so many nationally known Texas Quilters, well, to say the least, I'm in awe and am inspired to continue working on new art quilts and new surface processes.


This are the latest two art quilts in my Mailbox Series - "Fall Mailbox" and "2010 Cardinal Way". I completed it "Fall Mailbox" yesterday and "2010 Cardinal Way a couple of weeks ago.
Today I'm going to start on a new quilt. It's a pick-up truck. I'm using a picture of my grandfather's truck that we all learned how to drive in out in the pasture between fishing ponds.
I loved this old truck! I have wonderful memories of going fishing with my grandfather and just riding around in the pasture with him. We called him "Foxie". His favorite newspaper cartoon was "Grandpa Foxie", so that's what we called him! The nickname fit him much better than Grandpa, Grandfather, or Grandad.
I'll keep you posted on the progress of this quilt, it will be fun to work on it and try some new processes. I've already dyed, discharged and over dyed some fabric for it. We'll see what else I come up with.

No comments: