Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weeping Angel Art Quilt

I spent the day finishing up this precious quilt. I transferred the image of the angel from the computer onto Jacquard's Extrav Organza. I hand painted with textile paints over the image, fused MistyFuse to the back, cut the monument out and replaced it with one I cut out of silk. The silk monument has been hand drawn with Fabrico Markers (I love these!). Next, I fused the angel and monument to this beautiful cotton organdy I bought a few years ago at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. I've been saving it for just the right quilt! Okay, anyway, I finished the quilt off with beads and sequins. Love these sequins, they were from one of those little packets you get with a top, in case you need to replace them...yeah, right...they go straight into my stash!
This piece measures 13" x 12.5" and is listed in my Art Fire Studio!

No comments: