Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day of 2009

Well, I started this post on the last day of 2009, but I got sidetracked in the process... Anyway, I'm trying to set my goals for 2010 and schedule my time in the Studio. Right now the Studio is a little bit of a mess because my husband and son are building a new worktable and ironing table for me. The worktable is 100% complete on the construction, and is in the process of painted. Hopefully the ironing table will be constructed during the New Year weekend. I'm really excited about these new tables. I asked Jeff and Ben make them 36" high, so I'm not awkwardly leaning over to cut and construct my art quilts. Jeff and Ben have cut out the space for my Bernina and also a space for a light box. The lift has been installed for my Bernina and I have sewn a few things sitting at the new table, all I can say is AWESOME!!!!! I bought a new cutting mat at the IQA show in Houston earlier this year. We have four flat files that came from Jeff's office that will fit underneath both tables. This will give me great storage for my patterns and mixed media supplies. The table is 60" wide and 80" long. The ironing table will be 60" wide and 36" deep. I've also reduced my stash (check out StudioJules on ArtFire!) and have moved my thread stash over to one of the fabric cases. This way it won't get as dusty and I have freed up the wall where we are going to put a window in. As soon as we get the tables finished and painted I'll post the Before and After pictures.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to sharing my goals and accomplishments with you in a few days!

No comments: